Carissa Yip picked up her first chess game at the age of six. Three years later, at the age of nine, she went on to become the youngest American female to reach expert level.
|Name||Carissa Shiwen Yip|
|Age||16 years old|
|Net Worth||under $1 million|
The professional chess player finished as the No. 1 female chess players in the United States. In 2019, Carissa Yip became the youngest American to qualify for the International Master title.
Below are some interesting facts about Carissa Yip.
1. Carissa Shiwen Yip a.k.a. Carissa Yip is an American professional chess player. She began her professional chess career at the age of nine.
2. In September 2019, Carissa became the youngest top-rated American female chess player. At the age of ten, she became the youngest chess player, female player, to defeat a grandmaster.
3. Carissa was born on September 10, 2003. So, she is currently 16 years old.
4. She was born in Massachusetts, the United States. So, she is of American nationality but belongs to Asian ethnicity.
5. The details about Carissa’s siblings are not known in the public.
6. Carissa Yip has an estimated net worth of $1 million, as of 2020. Meanwhile, the details about her annual earnings are not revealed.
7. Aged 16, Carissa is too young to get married. Also, she is currently single at the moment. There haven’t been any rumors of her past affairs and relationships in the media.
8. Carissa is active on Instagram as cyip910. But her Instagram page is not public. Besides, her Twitter and Facebook pages are missing.
9. Carissa’s father Percy Yip is from Hon Kong, while her mother Irene Yip is from China. Her parents moved to the United States while Carissa wasn’t even born.
10. In October 2019, she earned a FIDE rating of 2422. She is the world’s highest rated female chess player at 16.