Alexander Ovechkin is a Russian professional ice hockey winger. Alexander Ovechkin is widely known for being captain of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League.
- Birthday: September 17, 1985 (age 32 years
- Nationality: Russian
- Ethnicity: White
- Profession: Ice hockey winger
Alexander Ovechkin Family- Wife & Children
Alexander Ovechkin is married to Anastasia Shubskaya, after being linked up with several ladies. Anastasia Shubskaya is model and daughter of actor Vera Glagoleva.
The duo got engaged on in 2015 and married after two years in 2017.
Alexander and Anastasia are yet to deliver a child and there is no news of being a father of Alexander.
- Parents: Mikhail Ovechkin and
- Wife: Anastasia Shubskaya, Tatyana Ovechkin
- Children: N/A
- Marital status: Married
Born 17 September 1985 in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union, Alexander was born into a family of sportspersons.
He is a son of Mikhail Ovechkin who is a former professional soccer player, and his mother, Tatyana, is also a popular Russian basketball player. She is one among the basketball players winning two ‘Olympic’ gold medals as part of the Russian women’s basketball team in 1976 and 1980.
When Ovechkin was just at his 8, he developed his interest in hockey and was got encouraged and helped in training by his elder brother, Sergei, who died in a car accident when Alexander was 10 years old. He also has another established brother namely, Mikhail.
Alexander Ovechkin Height and Weight
Alexander Ovechkin is extremely dashing and bold by his looks. He possesses an athletic body structure as he is a sports person.
The athlete, Alexander stands at a sky touching height of 6 feet, 3 inches with the bulky weight of 107 kilograms.
- Height: 6 feet 3 inch (191 cm)
- Weight: 107 kg (235 lbs.)
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
The towering elevation, fair complexioned white skin and light brown beard gave Alexander an advantageous look that actually suits his personality.
Additionally, he is equally effective on the Twitter with thousands of followers.
All in all, the Russian look has flaunted out absolutely strong with his frame of mind. With several warm-up routine and healthy eating habits ultimately have a big hand in maintaining in such perfect physique of Alexander.
Alexander Ovechkin – Professional Caree
Alexander Ovechkin has enlisted his name as one of the greatest players of all time in the field. the individual accolades that he has earned all with his hard work and dedication is a proof.
His professional career is as old as him as he started playing ice hockey from his early age and has not been easy so far.
- He played ice hockey when he was at the age of 16, in the Russian Super League (RSL) in Dynamo Moscow.
- He made his professional debut in hockey by scoring four points in 21 games, in the season 2001-2002.
- In 2004, He was chosen by the ‘Washington Capitals’ as a rookie for the 2005–2006 season where he scored a remarkable goal game against the ‘Phoenix Coyotes,’ that became an unforgettable moment in the history of ice hockey.
- He won the ‘Calder Memorial Trophy’ as rookie of the year, scoring 52 goals and 54 assists, with 106 points and he was first rookie in 15 years to be selected for the ‘NHL First All-Star Team.’
- In the 2006–2007 season, he played for the ‘First All-Star Team’ and continued to come through with 46 goals and 92 points.
- All along the 2007–2008 season, He won his first ‘Hart Memorial Trophy’ at the end of the season and was awarded four major post-season awards: the ‘Lester B Pearson Award’, the ‘Hart Memorial Trophy’, ‘MVP,’ the ‘Art Ross Trophy’, and the ‘Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy’.
- In the 2008–2009 season, he scored 56 goals to win his second ‘Hart Trophy’ and ‘Pearson Award’ along with the team ‘Washington Capitalsthe
- For three years: 2008-2010, he received the ‘Ted Lindsay Award,’ as the most outstanding player.
- He was named as ‘Asteroid 257261 Ovechkin’, in glory of his contribution to sports and was also tribute by ‘Ride of Fame’ Washington DC with a driving bus.
- Withal, Alexander won other multiple prominent awards such as a Calder Memorial Trophy, Hart Memorial Trophy, Maurice Rocket Richard Trophy, Lester B Pearson Award, Art Ross Trophy and many more.
Alexander Ovechkin Net Worth & Salary
How much is Alexander Ovechkin worth? Alexander Ovechkin has a net worth of $60 million with an annual salary of $9 Million. When Alexander Ovechkin was 22-year-old he signed a 13-year $124 million contract extension with the Washington Capitals, in 2008, from which he is getting a lofty salary.
- Net Worth: $60 Million
- Salary: $9 Million